— Clausewitz, Principles
- Find reality and face it squarely.
- Stay on offense; never be completely passive.
- Inventory what’s known, what’s still good and the assets available.
- Set small achievable milestones.
- Keep your friends close and your debts paid.
- Arrange events to your advantage.
- Take new ground where the old can’t be defended.
- As circumstances are favorable, modify your plans.
- Give everyone a stake in success, both tasks and rewards.
- Avoid mistakes; challenge assumptions.
- Focus resources onto the top priorities; eliminate the unnecessary extravagance.
- Be clear, delegate, then depart; don’t overbear.
- Stay inwardly, outwardly confident.
- Decide the criteria for success in advance, and know when to quit.
- And, in times of economic uncertainty, never ever fuck with another man’s livelihood.
— after Sun Tsu, Art of War